A solar powered weeding platform and light transport vehicle, providing lower
running cost, less noise and pollution and a better work environment.
Solar Trac was the world’s second solar driven tractor, especially built for organic vegetable
growers who want to produce vegetables without the pollution,
which follows the use of fossil fuels.
Mk. 1 operated for four years entirely on power from the sun.
2009: UPDATE: Some member of the Prostejov Solar club are now interested in making it work...
Solar Trac has been built to solve lighter tasks for open-air vegetable growers
and nurseries and others who have the need for noiseless and
pollution free operations with energy from the sun.
For open air growers, especially organic growers it serves the following:
- platform for three or more weeders that lay down on special berths
- platform for three planters
- harvesting wagon, accommodating 4 standard wood or plast pallets
- light transport
- noiseless and pollution free , no waste of conventional fuel or oil
- very low running costs, close to zero most of the year
- free solar energy for 20-30 years
- four wheel electric power steering
- remote controllable, cable or wireless
- different type implements may be attached to the central frame
- measurements : LxWxH 5x1,9x2,4 meter- wheel tracks 170 cm apart
- weight empty, including. batteries 500 kg
- payload 500 kg.
- max. speed 7 km/h-- min. speed 75 meter/h
- electric traction motor 6kW – gradual speed control
- battery capacity 5 kWh
- solar cell power up to 800 W
- full auto type springs and dampers on all wheels
- remote control of steering, speed and direction
- centre attachment of implements (or front or rear 3 point lift )
- battery capacity will last for three days without sun (light work)
- 220 volt charger for emergency charging from the grid